: : Image Designer FAQ

: Image Designer FAQ

:http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134
    :Aremathiea
    :01-05-2011()
    :Gloydius

1. ? , . (I.D.) . , : , , .. 256 .

2. ? , , , . , , . , .

3. ? (Entertainer) (Image Design line). (4/0/0/0)

4. ? , - . . , .

5. , ? 2-3 . "" , . ( ) (tents) - , . ! !

6. , ? , , , .

7. ? , :
    : Corellia - : /waypoint -187 -4222 Coronet
    : Corellia - : /waypoint -5661 -2649 Tyrena
    : Talus - : /waypoint 518 -3076 Dearic
    : Talus - : /waypoint 4346 5054 Nashal
    : Naboo - : -5814 4254 Theed
    : Naboo - : 4856 1494 Dee'ja Peak
    : Naboo - : 1253 2711 Keren
    : Naboo - : 1707 2465 Keren
    : Tatooine - : 3364 -4586 Mos Eisley
    : Tatooine - : 1498 3318 Mos Entha
    : Rori - : 5255 5850 Restuss
    : Rori - : 5489 5542 Restuss
    : Rori - : /waypoint -5050 -2261 Narmle

8. ? 122 157 , !

9. ?? - ( ), - . , /image . , - . , . .

10. ?- , . /tar self ( ), /image .

11. NPC ?- , NPC .

12. - , ? - 4 1 . , (Salon).

13. "" ?- (. 30 . 1 , ) . . , .

13b. /?- /find salon . Theed, Moenia, Bestine, Coronet Vreni. :

Theed -5130 4260
    Moenia 4790 -4730
    Bestine -1440 -3700
    Coronet -360 -4690
    Vreni Island -5150 -6370

14. (tent)? / ? - , .

15. ? - (Ctrl+). . , . , . . or Commits. : ().

16. -(Holo Emotes)?- 16 -. ( I.D.). They come with 20 charges each. "/holo help" . - 30 60 (1 ).

17. -? - , ., -. .

-: http://swg.curby.net/holo-emotes/

18. - ? - , .

19. I.D. , / I.D. ?- "mood feature" . , , . "calm" . "No mood"( ) "neutral mood"( ) . , .

20. , I.D.? -

:
    Entertainer: , .
    Image Designer: 96
    Any Tier 1 Box(Box 1- ): 128
    Any Tier 2 box(Box 2- ): 160
    Any Tier 3 box(Box 3- ): 192
    Any Tier 4 box(Box 4- ): 224
    Master Image Designer: 256 .

Holo-emotes:
    Hairstyling I : Beehive, Brainstorm, Imperial, Rebel
    Hairstyling II : Bubbles, Hologlitter, Holonotes, Sparky
    Hairstyling III : Bullhorns, Champagne, Kitty, Phonytail
    Hairstyling IV : Blossom, Butterflies, Haunted, Hearts .

21. ?- () ?- hairstyling tree , , -. Tier 4 box , Master I.D. hairstyling, : Face, Body, Markings - .

22. ?- / .. , ( ). . , , , . , Ormacheck( ), ID. 3 6%, .

23. -? - (tent)! , , . ... , .. ! , , . Theed .

24. ? - . . ( ), . , . , .(Doctor/ID )

25. ID ?- , . , "about 13 ninjas" . (reroll).

Spoiler for :
    1. What does an Image Designer do? Image Designers have the ability to alter any character customization options that you chose during character creation. Image Designer (or I.D.) is geared toward social players. Image Designers can also earn the ability to access variants of creation options that standard players do not have during character creation, more hair styles, hologram emotes, Stat Migration, etc. A master Image Designer has an expanded palette of 256 colors as well.

2. Why do we need Image Designers? Suppose you made your character look too serious and you want to play a light hearted character, we can fix that for you and make you look more friendly. Suppose you made your character look really goofy and you want to be a ruthless bounty hunter, what would you do without us. The last thing a bounty hunter needs is to be laughed at while trying to get a kill.

3. What profession to I have to go through to get to Image Designer? You have to get Entertainer and go through the Image Design line. (4/0/0/0)

4. How do Image Designers get XP? We get XP by working our trade just like the combat professions. Practice makes perfect. The more alterations you make on others, the more XP you will receive.

5. How long does it take to get to be an Image Designer from Entertainer? It usually takes me about 2 3 hours to get to the Image Designer profession. It really depends on how much you play and how much business you get. Sometimes things are slow. Its best (In my opinion) to get in the Image Designer tents- people generally know where to go for alterations and when they go there, you will be waiting. Woo hoo! Your first customer!

6. What about apprenticeship, does Image Designer have the apprenticeship feature like the other professions? Yes, you can teach others what you know and vice versa- instead of going to a trainer for everything.

7. Where are the Image Designer Trainers? The static Image Designer trainers are located in any of theaters *usually backstage*:
    Planet: Corellia - Location: -187, -4222 Coronet
    Planet: Corellia - Location: -5661, -2649 Tyrena
    Planet: Talus - Location: 518, -3076 Dearic
    Planet: Talus - Location: 4346, 5054 Nashal
    Planet: Naboo - Location: -5814, 4254 Theed
    Planet: Naboo - Location: 4856, 1494 Dee'ja Peak
    Planet: Naboo - Location: 1253, 2711 Keren
    Planet: Naboo - Location: 1707, 2465 Keren
    Planet: Tatooine - Location: 3364, -4586 Mos Eisley
    Planet: Tatooine - Location: 1498, 3318 Mos Entha
    Planet: Rori - Location: 5255, 5850 Restuss
    Planet: Rori - Location: 5489, 5542 Restuss
    Planet: Rori - Location: -5050, -2261 Narmle

8. How many Skill points does Image Designer take up? Image Designer takes 122 points to max out leaving you with 157 left to do whatever you want with!

9. How does the Image Design process work? First, you must have a client -or yourself- After you have some business they must be in your party. Once they are in your party select them, type /image, and have them tell you what they would like to add or change- follow their directions as closely as you can. If you mess up, they can get you to start over. The image design interface is very similar to the character creation screen.

10. Can I "Image Design" myself?- Yes you can. Just type /tar self, then /image- then the interface will appear.

11. Are all NPC hair styles available to players through Image Design?- No, some are NPC exclusives.

12. Can I change things whenever I want?- There is a 4 minute timer for Stat Migration and 1 minute for most other things. You can get the time required reduced by IDing in an Image Design tent or Salon.

13. What do the "Tents" do?- The ID Tents cut the timers in half (ex: 30 second body changes take 1 minute for non masters without a tent. Tents eliminate the timers all together for master Image Designers doing body or cosmetic changes. One thing though, you have to be in a tent to do "stat migration"- there is no timer cut for it.

13b.Where are these tents or salons?- Type /find salon in one of the following cities to have a way point created for you. Theed, Moenia, Bestine, Coronet, and Vreni. Here are the locations:
    Theed -5130 4260
    Moenia 4790 -4730
    Bestine -1440 -3700
    Coronet -360 -4690
    Vreni Island -5150 -6370

14. Can I own my own tent? / Are the tents craftable by architects?- No- the ones listed above are static locations for the tents.

15. How does stat migration work?- The customer must set their stats themselves with ctrl-O- this will bring up an interface to allow them to do so. This can be done before or during the ID process. Their stats will not move unless they visit an Image Designer, and the ID has to be in a tent as well. Select the stat migration option in the Image Design interface and a 4 minute timer will start the countdown. The stats change the instant the player accepts or Commits. *note, you cannot migrate your own stats

16. What are Holo-Emotes?- There are 16 Holo-Emotes. They are part of the hairstyling skill tree. They come with 20 charges each. Type /holo help in game for instructions on use. Holo-Emotes can be used once every 30 seconds or 1 minute.

17. What do Holo-Emotes look like?- Holo Emotes are Hologram like visualizations that appear whenever triggered somewhere around the head of the character using the holoemote. We can give you faction holos or random visualizations.

Here is a great link for sample images of each Holo-Emote avalible: http://swg.curby.net/holo-emotes/

18. Do Holo-Emotes give me an advantage in combat?- No. The holo emotes are only visual treats for players.

19. Can Image Designers make me not look mad / Can Image Designers take off the rediculas smile?- This is the "mood feature" in SWG at work. I have noticed it too. When you first make a Character and log in- you seem to have either "angry" or "happy" as a set mood. Simply reset your mood to "calm". No mood or a neutral mood will result in an "angry" look. This is a bug I believe.

20. When are new abilities granted as I advance through Image Designer?-

Color palettes:
    Novice Entertainer: you get all the original palettes that were avalible to you during character creation.
    Novice Image Designer: all palettes are now 96 colors
    Any Tier 1 box: all palettes are extended to 128 colors
    Any Tier 2 box: all palettes are extended to 160 colors
    Any Tier 3 box: all palettes are extended to 192 colors
    Any Tier 4 box: all palettes are extended to 224 colors
    Master Image Designer: all palettes are extended to 256 colors

Holo-emotes:
    Hairstyling I grants you: Beehive, Brainstorm, Imperial, Rebel
    Hairstyling II grants you: Bubbles, Hologlitter, Holonotes, Sparky
    Hairstyling III grants you: Bullhorns, Champagne, Kitty, Phonytail
    Hairstyling IV grants you: Blossom, Butterflies, Haunted, Hearts, and the All option

21. What should I train first?- What lines should I go up first?- I think its best to go through the hairstyling tree first, mostly because hair change requests come fairly steady, and those nifty Holo-emotes are granted in that line as well. Any of the Tier 4 boxes will grant you all of the palette colors, except the Master Image Designer colors. After Hair, I would to in this order: Face, Body, Markings- This is just my opinion.

22. How can I max my "xp to time ratio"?- You should use the tents/salons as they cut the timers in half. You should also practice on a friend if you can because ID'ing yourself is half xp. ID'ing yourself is a good way to move along if there is no business at the moment. Also doing the highest level change you can grants more XP, which after novice is stat migration. If you are dealing with clients, you might want to ask if you can break up one big session into mini sessions to maximize your xp while the client is making up their mind. You may want to ask the client to accept after you finish their hair and then start a new session to do body, face, or markings. Also, eat Ormacheck, the exp bonus food as it works for ID. The bonus percentage to exp is about 3 to 6% so get the find high quality food from a good chef if you can. (Ormachek - {F} Increase XP Gain 3-6%, 10-25 attempts, 88-60)

23. So How do I go about getting clients?- GET TO THE TENTS! Business will come to you- as long as you are fast- friendly and generally a cool person to be around, word gets out fast. My favorite place is... well, im not going to tell you because you will take my spot! No really, I like the Coronet tent near Shuttleport A. Theed was always slamming with business as well.

24. How much should I charge for service?- Well this is all up to you. Mostly I do the work for free. It sounds counter productive, but people generally tip well. The ones who don't cannot afford it and I refuse to not help someone just because of a few credits. I will say that generosity has paid for itself in the end for me many times in different professions. (Doctor/ID for me)

25. Can an Image Designer change my name?- No, we can't do that. Sorry guys, if you made your name something like "about 13 ninjas" and don't like it anymore, you may want to reroll

, , , , - .
    Gloydius; 10.03.2014 22:11.

desp

Ctrl-
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

desp
    Ctrl-